just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in...

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that
something else is more important than fear.
-Ambrose Redmoon

I feel like my eyes are going to pop out of my head. I need to get my thoughts together. I need to write. I need inspiration and to be inspired and to create something. And even if this turns into a rant, atleast I can say I created that rant. Cause it needs to be set free.

Work. Wow, what can I say. I do really like my job, but holy schnikeys. Boy am I busy. I worked 9 to 7 yesterday, went out for dinner, came home, and then worked another hour or 2. tonight I worked 9 to 7:30. It's usually this busy, but the stress of server problems is wearing on the whole department.

Not to mention, my boss got a new job so he'll be leaving in a week or so. Which makes me want to cry because I'm so scared. I don't know how to do half the stuff he does, and I know they won't replace him right away. He's showing me how to do stuff, but I can't remember half of it. Next week is going to be 'ask questions' week. I have to write it all down. I'm never ever going to remember.

Also not to mention, I'm going to be on vacation in October for a week and a half. There is no way I can not go. It's my Mum-in-laws wedding! Yes I should be excited. Believe me I am, but I'm worried about work. :P How dumb is that. I feel bad to be dumping all that work on one person. I know I'd have a mental break down if someone did that to me. Anyway, Andy told me to stop being a guilty Catholic. I've worked for the company for 5 years. they owe me my 3 weeks vaca. God knows i'm taking it.

Speaking of Andy, he's coming to visit for a week! YAY. I spoke to him tonight and he's psyched! And he's bring lots of happy magical energies with him. I could use some.

My dark cloud that I've been trapped in is still around. I think I've just been far too busy with work to notice it. I guess that is a good thing for now. I'm not going to go looking for it, atleast not for the next week. I'd like to enjoy the Andy time. Besides I keep reminding myself, no one wants to be around someone who is depressed all the time.

I need to write more. Or atleast journal. I think I've just been going through a patch where I couldn't/didn't need to. I'm feeling inspired/creative tonight. I'm sure that will help.

Almost time for bed. Then friday. Which hopefully will not be the nightmare I'm expecting it to be at work. (need a miracle here).

Love and all the best to everyone. :)

1 comments:

Katie said...

Enjoy your vacaction, it definitely sounds like you deserve!