soul searching

Saturday, January 14, 2006

We can love ourselves the way we wish to be loved. ~ SARK

I've spent some time thinking this evening. Pulling inward and thinking about how I treat me... So very, very badly is the truth. And every once in a while I open my eyes and realize that I am affecting others and in that I scold myself, yet when it's just me, I allow it. why is that, why do I allow myself to be treated this way.

Tonight I sit and smile at myself. Speaking gently opening my eyes to myself. Allowing myself what I rightly deserve. My own self love.

My gratitude list for today:

is all about Frank

1. the love of my life. although very sick, I love that I am the one who is here to take care of him and make him feel better.
2. when he opens the car door for me. melts my heart.
3. the arm. ;)
4. his strength. always pulling me through and reminding me that we are in this together.
5. his complete silliness. always knowing how to turn my frown, upside down. :)

0 comments: